Entry Fee Inclusions
Your Port to Port entry fee includes the following;
- Race Entry to the four day mountain bike stage race. (2-Day or 4-Day)
- Port to Port Riders Gift
- Race Plate/Jersey Bib (Number)
- Daily Awards at the end of each stage
- Daily results service
- Port to Port Finisher’s Medal (4-Day riders only)
- Prize Money (4-Day riders only)
- Medical support & assistance
- Water Points on course
- Bike Wash facilities at the Finish venue
- Mechanical support
- Port to Port finish venue and recovery area
- Photography service (rider photographs can be purchased after the event)
* 2-Day riders can select any combination of event days.
Entry pricing will be released when it is confirmed.
7 August 2020 - Register by 11.59pm to receive personalised race kit with name on race bib.
6 September 2020 - Late entries after 11.59pm will need to check in at the help desk to be allocated a bib number onsite and pick up race pack.
Covid-19 Related Policy
• What if the event does not take place on 10-13 September 2020, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic? If this happens all registered riders will have their race registration moved to the 2021 event date. We will provide as much notice as we can, and if this doesn’t work for you we will provide other options such as an Event Credit, which can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in Australia.
• What if I am unable to get to the 2020 event (or, if rescheduled, the 2021 event) due to border restrictions? If this still remains the case less than 30 days out from the event, affected Riders will be offered an Event Credit to the value of your entry (including additional purchases).
Individuals will be placed in your category calculated off your age as of 31 December 2020
The Port to Port features the following categories:
1. Open Men*: Male riders aged 15 to 39 years
*Elite Male: Are included in this category and is open to professional and experienced mountain bike riders. Elite riders are given start line priority. If you are an elite rider wanting to compete, please email us email@example.com
2. Open Women*: Female riders aged 15 to 39 years.
*Elite Female: Are included in this category and is open to professional and experienced mountain bike riders. Elite riders are given start line priority. If you are an elite rider wanting to compete, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Masters Men: Male riders aged 40 to 49 years
4. Masters Women: Female riders aged 40 to 49 years
5. Grand Masters Men: Male riders aged 50 to 59 years
6. Grand Masters Women: Female riders aged 50 to 59 years
7. Great Grand Masters Men: Male riders aged 60+ years
8. Great Grand Masters Women: Female riders aged 60+ years
Masters race in their respective Age Category however they may be eligible to start in the Elite wave. Note that race times are based on each individuals time as they roll over the start line.
Minimum age is 15 years as at 10 September 2020. These additional conditions of participation apply for minors.
Single Speed - Riders can ride on a Single Speed bike, however will be categorized for amongst all Solo Riders. There will be no GC Awards for Single Speed.
Handcycle - Unfortunately the 2020 Port to Port course is not adaptive to Handcycles. However, we welcome hand-cyclists to Cape to Cape, please contact us at email@example.com
Pedal assist or E-bikes are not permitted in 2020 Port to Port.
Port to Port has five different pairs race categories where you ride in teams of two.
Your category is based on your age as at 31 December 2020. The age of the youngest team rider determines the race category:
- Open Men: Both riders are male 15 years - 39 years
- Open Women: Both riders are female 15 years - 39 years
- Mixed : One rider is male and one rider is female
- Masters Men: Both riders are male 40 years - 49 years
- Masters Women: Both riders are female 40 years+
- Grand Masters Men: Both riders are male 50 years - 59 years
- Great Grand Masters Men: Both riders are male 60 years+
Minimum age is 15 years as at 10 September 2020.
Awards & Prize Money
2019 Prize Money Allocation below. 2020 Prize Money Allocation available shortly.
A daily awards ceremony is held at the end of each stage at the Finish Venue. This will include the awarding of the ‘leaders jersey’ in each Solo and Pairs age category.
Cheers to our partners who have provided an awesome mix of prizes for our daily stage winners in each Solo age group Category and Pairs age group Category.
Prize money is awarded to the overall general classification top 3 Pairs in each of the Male, Female and Mixed Pairs regardless of age group.
The Final Awards will be held end of Stage 4.
|Top 3 Teams||Male Overall||Female Overall||Mixed Overall|
|Time Trial Prize Pool||$1500|
|Overall Winning Team||1st Place - $2000|