Port to Port 2019 welcomes the introduction of teams racing along with our traditional solo categories, however we understand seeding is an important system be able to maximise enjoyment on the course for all riders in all categories.
Stage 1 will see a top 200 grid made up of Elite riders both teams and solos.
This will be made up of riders who have finished in the top 200 at a past Epic Series event (Cape to Cape, Port to Port, Reef to Reef, The Pioneer, Cape Epic) If you feel you qualify for this please email the race director for consideration.
All other riders will then self-seed for the start of the race. On the completion of Stage 1 you will receive a coloured dot that will determine your start time for the remaining 3 stages.
Each wave (stages 2-4) will see 200 riders per wave, a mix of teams and solos, however the grid will prioritise teams at the front of each wave.
|8.00AM||First wave of elite riders teams & solos with teams at the front of the wave|
|8.05AM||All other riders self seeded|
On finishing stage 1 riders will be seeded into the following start times via coloured dot system which will determine their start for subsequent stages.
Stage 2, Stage 3 & Stage 4
On Course Info
Water points will be available at the approximate half way point each way. You can either refill your bottle here or drop your bottle to the water cube truck at the start line and they will take it to the water point for you. (Bottles must be dropped by 7.30am each day).
Diversions and Time Penalties
The Port to Port has been designed for riders of all abilities that are looking to challenge themselves. As a result our objective is to keep all riders in the event for as long as it is possible but without compromising the safety of other riders or members of the event team.
- Diversions – the Race Manager will monitor the pace of each group with an expectation that all riders can maintain a minimum speed of 10 – 12 km/h so that they can complete the course within the allotted time limit. Failure to do so will mean that riders, at the discretion of the Race Director, can be diverted onto a shorter route to the finish.
- Time Penalties – the Race Director has the ability to apply a time penalty to any rider that is found to have not complied with any of the following rules;
- Failing to dismount at a marked dismount point or comply with the road rules.
- Littering or careless disposal of ties on course.
- Offensive language or antisocial behaviour that negatively impacts the ride experience of another competitor.
The Port to Port uses an advanced electronic timing system that provides all competitors with an accurate race time based on when they cross that Start and Finish lines.
Keep track of your position throughout the event by downloading the Port to Port Mobile App, or by punching your number into the timing computer at the “Timing Results” Tent located next to the Information Tent at the finish line of each stage.
For more info, read the Race Rules
Stage 4 Shuttle
Option 1 - Overnight Bike Storage & Morning Shuttle from Finish Line to Start Line
Have your car ready for you when you finish Stage 4. Simply drop your bike off on Saturday afternoon at the Stage 4 Start Line, where security will be on patrol overnight. On Sunday morning, drive to the finish line where you will park your car and take a shuttle to the start line. The Bus trip will be approx. 1hr 10mins.
Cost: $30.00 + 8% Active Fee = $32.40AUD
Overnight Bike Storage
- Bike drop off time: 3pm – 6pm
- Bike storage location: Belmont Golf Club, Marks Point
- Bus departure time: 6am (The bus will depart at 6am and will not wait for any late riders)
- Bus pick up location: Merewether Beach Car Park, John Parade
- Bus drop off location: Belmont Golf Club, Marks Point
Option 2 - Afternoon Shuttle from Finish Line to Start Line
Drive to the Start Line with your bike and kick off your Stage 4 ride. After the awards has finished, jump on the shuttle bus from the Finish Line back to the Start Line. Please Note: no bikes are allowed on the bus. You will need to leave your bike with a mate. The Bus trip will be approx. 1hr 10mins.
Cost: $15.00 +8 % Active Fee = $16.20AUD
- Bus departure time: 1pm (the bus will not wait for late arrivals, ensure you are on time)
- Bus pick up Location: Dixon Park, Merewether
- Bus drop off Location: Belmont Golf Club, Marks Point