The pairs' event sees pairs of two ride in the same cycling jersey, staying no more than two minutes apart throughout the four days of riding. Pairs MTB racing is fast growing in popularity on the global mountain bike scene and has added a whole new dynamic to the sport. It provides riders with the chance to race not against, but with a mate, or family member.
The comradery and team dynamics of working together through your Port to Port challenge, whether you are there to win, or just participate, will bring a whole new dimension to your experience.
As an entrant into Port to Port, you also have the unique opportunity to purchase an entry for yourself and a partner to the 2023 Absa Cape Epic. Five entries for the have been set-aside exclusively for 2022 Port to Port riders. A draw will be held to determine who receives these sort after spots.
Check out the Cape Epic Qualification page for more info.
Pairs Entry Categories
Port to Port has five different pairs race categories where you ride in teams of two.
Your category is based on your age as at 31 December 2023. The age of the youngest team rider determines the race category:
- Male Pairs: Both riders are Male 15years - 39years
- Female Pairs: Both riders are Female 15years - 39years
- Mixed Pairs: One rider is Male and one rider is Female
- Masters Male Pairs: Both riders are Male 40years - 49years
- Masters Female Pairs: Both riders are Female 40years+
- Grand Masters Male Pairs: Both riders are Male 50years - 59years
- Great Grand Masters Male Pairs: Both riders are Male 60 years+
Minimum age is 15 years as at 24 May 2023.