The pairs' event sees pairs of two ride in the same cycling jersey, staying no more than two minutes apart throughout the four days of riding. Pairs MTB racing is fast growing in popularity on the global mountain bike scene and has added a whole new dynamic to the sport. It provides riders with the chance to race not against, but with a mate, or family member.
The comradery and team dynamics of working together through your Port to Port challenge, whether you are there to win, or just participate, will bring a whole new dimension to your experience.
As an entrant into Port to Port, you also have the unique opportunity to purchase an entry for yourself and a partner to the 2021 Absa Cape Epic. Five entries for the have been set-aside exclusively for 2020 Port to Port riders. A draw will be held to determine who receives these sort after spots.
Check out the Cape Epic Qualification page for more info.
Pairs Entry Categories
Port to Port has five different pairs race categories where you ride in teams of two.
Your category is based on your age as at 31 December 2020. The age of the youngest team rider determines the race category:
- Male Pairs: Both riders are male 15years - 39years
- Female Pairs: Both riders are female 15years - 39years
- Mixed Pairs: One rider is male and one rider is female 15years - 39years
- Masters Male Pairs: Both riders are male 40years - 49years
- Masters Female Pairs: Both riders are female 40years+
- Masters Mixed Pairs: One rider is male and one rider is female 40years+
- Grand Masters Male Pairs: Both riders are male 50years - 59years
- Great Grand Masters Male Pairs: Both riders are male 60 years+
Minimum age is 15 years as at 21 May 2020.
Your 2020 Rider Badge coming soon.
The Rider badge is available to any rider taking part in Port to Port. It can be used on any merchandise including rider kit or on your social media feed.
Download the Rider Badge PDF (perfect for your rider kit)
Download the Rider Badge PNG (for you to share on social media)
PLEASE NOTE, the right to use the official Port to Port logo is reserved for sponsors and partners of the event only and may not be used by individuals or non sponsors in any way.