The team’s event sees teams of two ride in the same cycling jersey, staying no more than two minutes apart throughout the four days of riding. Teams MTB racing is fast growing in popularity on the global mountain bike scene and has added a whole new dynamic to the sport. It provides riders with the chance to race not against, but with a mate, or family member.
The comradery and team dynamics of working together through your Port to Port challenge, whether you are there to win, or just participate, will bring a whole new dimension to your experience.
As an entrant into Port to Port, you also have the unique possibility of guaranteeing a team entry for yourself and your partner. Entries for the 2020 Absa Cape Epic have been set-aside exclusively for 2019 Port to Port riders. You can guarantee your entry either via performance, or through a draw.
Check out the Cape Epic Qualification page for more info.
Team Entry Categories
The Port to Port has five different team race categories, the age of the youngest team rider determines the race category;
- Men: Both riders are male.
- Women: Both riders are female.
- Mixed: One rider is male and one rider is female.
- Masters: Both riders are 40 years or older on 31 December of the year of the race.
- Grandmasters: Both riders are 50 years or older on 31 December of the year of the race.
Minimum age is 15 years at 23 May 2019.