Absa Cape Epic Qualification
in 2019 we saw Five team entries for the 2020 Absa Cape Epic have been set-aside exclusively for 2019 Port to Port pairs. 2020 qualifying slots will be announced closer to the event date.
You have an opportunity to purchase an entry through a draw.
About the Cape Epic
The Absa Cape Epic is held over 8 days in March every year, covering approximately 700 kilometres with 15,000m of climbing in South Africa’s Western Cape.
The early bird entries sell out faster than you can say ‘Indwa’ (the Zulu name for South Africa’s national bird, the Blue Crane). But, as an entrant in Port to Port, you have the unique opportunity to purchase an entry through a draw for yourself and your partner.
What you have to do
To qualify for one of the entry slots, you will need to register your interest on your team Active registration form prior to the race (only available to pairs riders). If you forgot to tick that box and would like to register your interest you can email us at email@example.com.
Need more time to consider the challenge? You can still sign up at the event by seeing the crew at Information until the evening of stage 2.
View the Pairs Race Rules here. To be eligible to race 2020 Absa Cape Epic you must be 18 years of age as at 23 May 2019.
A number of team entries will be allocated to the 2020 Absa Cape Epic through two ways; Wildcard Entry and Draw Allocation.
Overall Men & Overall Women - Wildcard Entry
The overall men’s and women’s winning pairs qualify for a guaranteed wildcard entry into the Absa Cape Epic. This must be requested via the Absa Cape Epic wildcard system within 7 days of winning the Port to Port
Any professional UCI registered rider may apply via the Absa Cape Epic wildcard system, but entries are offered at the sole discretion of the Absa Cape Epic organisers.
The Draw Allocation provides the opportunity to purchase one of five guaranteed 2020 Absa Cape Epic entries. These will be drawn at Stage 4 Port to Port final awards presentation.
- Draw Allocation is eligible to Port to Port 4-day Team riders only (i.e. excludes 4-day solo, 2- day or 1-day riders)
- The Draw Allocation slots are per individual within a 2-person team. The individual is free to choose any partner, i.e. it is not necessary that his/her partner participated in Port to Port
- Riders must register their interest during the online registration process or from your MyEvents account in active.com at a later date. A $10 AUD fee to register your interest will be charged which will be donated to Qhubeka one of the Absa Cape Epic official charity partners
- Riders must be present at the final awards on Sunday 26 May 2019, Dixon Park, Mereweather
- Should a rider decide not to take up the entry or not be present at the final awards ceremony, the entry will be re-drawn at the time of the awards ceremony
- An immediate non-refundable deposit of $1000 USD per guaranteed entry must be made on Sunday 26 May 2019. Deposit will be taken in AUD at the current conversion rate that day. Credit card only, no cash will be accepted
- The remaining balance of the 2020 Absa Cape Epic team entry fee is due by Sunday 23 June 2019 (4 weeks) via online credit card payment. 2020 Absa Cape Epic total entry fee is $6290 USD (VAT inc). Riders will be emailed details on how to complete the payment.
All entries are for the 2020 Absa Cape Epic and cannot be transferred to another year. Once payment has been received, the standard Absa Cape Epic cancellation policy applies.